Launching of TVAIBD
Minister of Communications & Multimedia Malaysia, His Excellency Dato ‘ Saifuddin Abdullah launched the brand-new digital channel TV AIBD.
Hailed as an important content sharing platform, this digital channel is the latest initiative by AIBD to provide the means for the regional broadcasting intelligentsia to deliberate and share their insights. The platform will feature interviews with prominent people all across the globe on a variety of topics. It will also showcase award-winning programs and other content.
As AIBD is an inter-governmental organization founded by UN bodies, it will also focus on UN-inspired initiatives such as the ongoing Agenda 2030. TV AIBD will also give a voice to the upcoming regions by featuring their stories.
With the tagline of ‘Connecting the World’ TV AIBD was launched during the Leaders’ Web-Summit: Redefining the Role of Media in the New Norm, held on 2nd June 2021, after the premier session – Ministerial Talks.
Five Ministers from around the globe observed and praised the new initiative. Ministers who graced the event were
- Minister of Communications & Multimedia Malaysia, H.E. Dato’ Saifuddin Abdullah
- Ministry of Information of Cambodia, H.E. Dr Khieu Kanharith,
- Minister of Information & Culture (MIC) Nigeria, H.E. Alhaji Lai Mohammed,
- Minister of information and Broadcasting (MIB) Bangladesh H.E. Dr Hasan Mahmud,
- Deputy Minister of Information Cambodia, H.E. Dr Sok Prasith,
Shri Mayank Agarwal President, AIBD GC, and the Director General of Doordarshan, India, gave a brief speech that highlighted the importance of the venture and conveyed best wishes for the future of the channel.