Knowledge and skills on plotting TV studio lighting could produce multiple impacts and benefits for the organization. The technical know-how and skills in lighting plotting operations would determine the lighting elements to improve production value and standards.
Consultant, Mr Sahat Amin said “such training course can be value-added for personal improvement and raise the standard skills of technical personnel in lighting plotting. It also benefits the organization, community, and the nation at large”.
He expressed his view while wrapping up the 4-day AIBD/RTB Plotting TV Studio Lighting online workshop for 38 participants who are mostly Technical Operation personnel mainly involve in TV operations.
This course guides participants to explore the fundamental concepts and workflows for creating 2D Studio Lighting plotting using MS Visio Professional 2019 or later version. Participants learned about lighting position dimension, angles and relevant element require during lighting set-up process, creating lighting shapes, studio floor and recommended practices are covered. This course is useful for Lighting Designer, Lighting operators and any Technical Personal who are directly involved in the TV studio production set-up.
It was a great challenge to conduct the online workshop which requires to demonstrate the practical activities on MS visio via zoom platform hosted from Kuala Lumpur. Other challenges encountered by the participants during the workshops included:
- Unable to practice the physical setup.
- Some participants not familiar with MS visio.
- While some participants install different version.
- Unable to recognize the participant clearly and knowing their real background and skills.
- Unaware of the unmute mic causing distracting from unwanted noise.
Despite these challenges, at the end of the workshop, the participants are able to:
- Start plotting proficient with MS visio anywhere any time;
- Create a complete standard Lighting plotting to meet the Production requirement;
- Raise the TV production lighting standard;
- Read and analyze the complete Lighting plotting; and
- Use the MS visio Professional Software effectively.