World TV Awards 2015 – Winners & Runners-Up Announcement
AIBD is pleased to announce the winners and runners-up of the World Television Awards 2015, category Humanity for the Best TV Documentary on "Dealing with Natural Disaster” and category Science/Environment for the Best TV Programme on “Supporting Climate Change Initiative”.
AIBD is pleased to announce the winners and runners-up of the World Television Awards 2015:
CATEGORY HUMANITY for the Best TV Documentary on "Dealing with Natural Disaster"
- Winner: "Pagbangon" directed by Angeli Guidaya-Atienza and broadcast by GMA Network, Inc – Philippines
- Runner-up: "Survival of the Fittest" directed by M.D. Imam Hossain and broadcast by BTV – Bangladesh
CATEGORY SCIENCE / ENVIRONMENT for the Best TV Programme on "Supporting Climate Change Initiative"
- Winner: "Extreme Weather" directed by Anja Taylor and broadcast by ABC – Australia
- Runner-up: "Future Forward – Climate Change" directed by Jonathan David Peeris and broadcast by MediaCorp Pte Ltd – Singapore
The final jury session of the World TV Awards 2015 took place 23 and 24 April 2015 at the AIBD office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
World TV Awards 2015, jury session
Mr John Maguire, Director of International Relations and Cooperation of France Médias Monde, France chaired the international jury.
The other members of the jury were:
- Mr Abdull Hadi Mohd Yusoff, Manager of Magazine & Documentary Unit, Radio Television Malaysia (RTM), Malaysia
- Dr Elnour Elkaris Ahmed Daffalla, Manager of Documentary Department, National Sudan TV Corporation, Sudan
- Mr Kalle Furst, Consultant for NRK and Director of Furst & Father, Film and TV Ltd, Norway
- Ms Shelley McMorrow, Executive Director, Osmosis Production, Malaysia
- Ms Stéphanie Rabourdin Godbert, Regional Audiovisual Attachée, French Embassy of Singapore
The World TV Awards 2015 are supported by Arab States Broadcasting Union (ASBU), French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK), Radio Television Malaysia (RTM) and Islamic Broadcasting Union (IBU).