AIBD/HBF Hybrid Regional Workshop for Broadcasters on Engaging Audience for Telling Stories
Broadcasting Industry has entered Fourth Industrial Revolution. New media has challenged the norms of traditional broadcasting industry and is proving itself more relevant for the audience. User-generated content (UGC) is now being consumed more than that of the programmes produced by the traditional mediums. However, the credibility of UGC is a big question mark, thus one of the best strategy for overcoming both challenges is to integrate both mediums for the audience. The workshop will look into various methodologies for creating an efficient and effective network of communication between the traditional content creators and the communities. In addition, the workshop will also highlight various successful case studies implemented in different countries.
By the end of the workshop, participants can:
- Understanding the contemporary strategies for engaging audience
- Understand the importance of integrating UGC into mainstream media
- Understand the concept of Prosumer
- Create effective methods of traditional and social media tie-in platforms
- Enhance skills in presenting and delivering content
- Creating compelling programmes to engage audience
This workshop will be executed as an in-country workshop, hosted in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Media practitioners from Malaysia will join the workshop physically, while some of the consultants might attend remotely.
Profile of Participants
Activity will invite media professionals i.e. producers, content creators, writers from Radio, TV and New media from the Asia-Pacific region and beyond.