The Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD), a Regional Inter-Governmental Institution hosted by the respected Malaysian government with headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the below mentioned position for a period of two (2) years: -
PROGRAMME MANAGER / BROADCASTING ENGINEER (TELEVISION)
• University Degrees in appropriate subjects such as Broadcasting Technology, Telecommunications, Electronics or a related subject, preferably in television;
• Minimum 5 years working experience as an engineer in the broadcasting industry;
• Skills and experience in conducting and organising technical training and consultancy activities, and a thorough understanding of computer languages;
• Good command of both written and spoken English;
• Good analytical, organisational, interpersonal communication and personnel management skills. A motivated team player who can work independently.
• Develop and design programmes in line with the AIBD vision, mission and sets of objectives;
• Investigate and assess development needs of member countries;
• Identify and assemble qualified Resource Persons for technical training and consultancy activities;
• Prepare cost estimates, exercise budgetary control and identify and negotiate with possible funding sources;
• Develop and supervise curricula for the activities and review and evaluate their effectiveness;
• Train technicians and engineers of broadcasting institutions in various fields of modern broadcasting technology;
• Advise and support AIBD members in their efforts to upgrade and modernize their technologies;
• Manage and maintain AIBD’s technical training facilities and oversee the IT infrastructure;
• To carry out any other additional duties as assigned by the office of the Director.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
The monthly salary would be in the range of RM6,000/- (Negotiable) depending on the qualifications and experience. Expatriate staff will be exempted from the payment of income tax. Expatriate staff will also be eligible for:
• Housing Allowance of RM2,000/- per month;
• One month bonus for each completed year of service;
• Exemption from the payment of duties for purchase of one car within 6 months from the date of arrival in Malaysia;
• Group Insurance policy;
• Annual Leave of 25 days.
All other fringe benefits are as stated in the AIBD Manual of Office Procedure.
Closing date for applications – 31 October 2019.
Procedures Required for Applications:
Applications by post must reach the AIBD at the following address:
Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development
P O Box 12066
50766 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Applications can also be sent by e-mail to: [email protected]
Applications must be accompanied by:
• Curriculum Vitae with copies of the latest degree/s.
• A passport size photograph taken within the last six months.
• The number of dependants and details of dependants who will reside in Kuala Lumpur if the applicant is appointed.
• Letters of recommendation, if any, may be included with the application.
The envelope containing the application must state the position applied for. All applications received after the closing date will be automatically rejected. Only short listed candidates will be called for interviews.
Should you require further information, please contact AIBD at:
E-mail : [email protected]
Phone : (60-3) 22824618 / 22827192
Fax : (60-3) 22822761