Introduction and Rationale:
Media convergence is increasingly shaping how newsrooms handle and deliver news, while attracting most bigger portion of the audiences. Its aims are to generate a better flow of information, effective use of resources, more communication and more sharing of content across media platforms. This phenomenon demands much from a journalist. S/he must become a convergent journalist, able to deliver news in any and all media, to recognize the best medium for a particular story, be it the web, broadcast, radio, or a newspaper or magazine, or all of the above, and use a mix of technology to enhance content.
The workshop aims at providing the participants a competitive advantage in the emerging world of convergent journalism.
• To provide an overview of media convergence, its strengths and weaknesses, and its impact on the newsrooms and the journalists.
• To learn how to use audio and video materials generated from various technologies/platforms that will be appropriate for the web, print, PDA screen and broadcast.
• To learn about the journalistic practice in convergence and transformation.
• Understanding audiences’ needs to transform product in convergence background.
• Introductions and overview
• Deep integration of content ecology: problems and methods
• Value of data: visual communication
• Transformation of media in a convergence background.
• Content and innovation under internet thinking
• From ‘Internet’ to ‘mobile internet’
• Case study: Chinese Media Theories and history.
Profile of Participant
• TV News editors, journalist and producers.
• Working knowledge of computers and its many capabilities
• Ability to understand, speak and write in English fluently preferred
• Maximum age limit is 50 years old