5th REGIONAL WORKSHOP ON
ENGINEERING FUNDAMENTALS FOR BROADCASTERS
3rd - 7th December 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We are pleased to announce the AIBD-ABU "5th Regional Workshop on Engineering Fundamentals for Broadcasters”, from the 3rd – 7th December 2018 in Kuala Lumpur.
Media and broadcast technology and infrastructure have been evolving rapidly in recent years. This has brought many challenges to broadcast and media institutions. Not only traditional broadcast infrastructures, but also human resource requirements have changed and are changing continuously. This training aims to address both of these issues for new personnel who have developed a passion for this field.
The workshop aims to provide basic engineering fundamentals for broadcast engineers and technologists who are at the beginning of their careers. The workshop facilitates participants to learn about the current trends and advancements in broadcast technologies. It will also focus on fundamentals of IT, audio and video systems, engineering techniques and applications. The knowledge gained will help participants to build confidence in operating in an evolving media value chain.
By the end of the workshop the participants will be able to explain and apply in their work:
- Basics of Audio and Video
- Concepts of analogue to digital signal conversion
- Signal processing in the media value chain
- Multiplatform delivery and Quality of Experience
- Converged media-IT-broadcast environment
- Radio and TV transmission concepts, techniques and technologies
- Evolving media and delivery platforms
- Cloud, Cyber Security and agile architectures
- Use of data, augmentation of broadcast operations using machine learning
We are delighted to invite colleagues from media field. The following provide the profile of participants.
Profile of Participants
- Technical staff in broadcast stations
- Broadcast Engineers/Technologists, technicians and IT support staff in broadcasting, especially young team players who have had some exposure to IT, audio and video systems.
- At least five years of experience in IT, radio and/or television field as an essential condition
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English fluently.
The workshop will take place at AIBD in a Training room of AIBD in Angkasapuri.
We have made arrangements for participants to stay at Hotel SUMMERVIEW Kuala Lumpur for the special rate of MYR 120-145 nett (approx. USD 40.00) per night. As the number of rooms is limited early registration is advised.
There are no registration/participation fees for ABU members.
Non-members need to pay a registration fee of USD 200.00 to cover the participation costs for the five days.
All expenses on the travel and stay of your nominee are to be borne by your organisation.