This workshop will introduce journalists and editors to data analysis and visualization techniques that can be used in daily journalism as well as in longer-term projects and investigations.
At the end of this workshop the participants will be able to:
· Do basic data analysis with spreadsheets
· Find data relevant for your daily stories and investigations
· Create simple charts and graphs,
· Create map-based visualizations.
· Create time-lines.
· Build data journalism teams
· Plan for data projects
- A review of the best in global data journalism
- How to avoid basic mistakes in using data
- How to analyze and clean data with spreadsheets
- How to create charts and graphs from spreadsheets
- How to use charting and visualization services
- Finding data using global and regional data services
- How to plan data projects
Profile of Participant
- General assignment or specialist journalists who want to improve their data analysis skills.
- Investigative journalists who want to improve their data analysis skills.
- Designers and web developers who want to work on data projects.
- Editors and newsroom managers who want to know how to plan data projects and build and manage data teams.
- Maximum age limit is 55 years old
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English fluently.