This workshop aims to impart participants with skills in shooting, editing and filing video using smart phone and tablet technology plus appropriate native and third party apps.
At the end of the workshop the participants will be able to
- Understand the latest developments in new and social media and apply this understanding to gathering and sharing location video using smart mobile devices
- Discuss and evaluate changing audience consumption habits and use this information to make decisions about content and video techniques
- Use a range of mobile smart device video tools, including mobile apps, social media accounts and social media monitoring tools
- Use new techniques for filing video through mobile technology
- Why do you need to use smart devices in your organisation?
- The changing media landscape: disruptive technology and changing media consumption habits
- Metadata and new broadcast workflows New media gathering, editing and filing tools
- Demonstration of a range of video and audio apps for smart devices
- Exercises using video apps
- Practical activities using smart device apps
- Socialising content
- Old principles, new techniques
- Regulations, restrictions and social responsibilities
- Discussion and debate
Profile Of Participant
- Television video and audio staff
- Field journalists
- Executive producers and Producers who produce content for television
- At least five years of experience in television programme production is an essential condition
- Upper age limit is 45 years
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English fluently.
- Participants must bring a smart phone or tablet device which has enough storage space to load new apps and store video content.