AIBD is pleased to announce the winners and runners-up of the World Television Awards 2013:
CATEGORY HUMANITY for the Best TV Documentary "Dealing with Natural Disaster"
- Winner: "CATALYST: Taking Australia’s Temperature" directed by Jonica Newby and broadcast by ABC1 – Australia
- Runner-up: "One Man’s Desert: Direction of Hometown" directed by Fan Zhiyuan and broadcast by CCTV12 – China
CATEGORY SCIENCE / ENVIRONMENT for the Best TV Programme "Creating Ozone Safe Generations"
- Winner: "A Day at the Beach" directed by Clarence Dass and broadcast by FBC TV – Fiji
- Runner-up: "Ozone – We are the Future" directed by Rehan Ahmed and broadcast by HUM TV – Pakistan
The final jury session of the World TV Awards 2013 took place 2 and 3 May 2013 at the AIBD office in Kuala Lumpur.
World TV Awards 2013, jury session
23 entries were received from 13 countries for the category Humanity and 19 entries were received from 14 countries for the category Science/Environment.
Ms Moneeza Hashmi, General Manager, HUM TV Pakistan and President of Commonwealth Broadcasting Association (CBA), chaired the international jury.
Jury of the World TV Awards 2013
with Mr. Yang Binyuan, AIBD Director (third from right)
The other members of the jury were:
- Mr Choi, iI-ji, Senior Reporter, Korean Broadcasting Systems (KBS), Korea
- Mr John Maguire, Director of International Development of Audiovisuel Extérieur de la France (AEF), France
- Ms Aminah Ali, Representative for UNEP OzonAction, Malaysia
- Ms Zhao Xia, Senior Producer, Programming Office, China Central Television (CCTV), China
- Mr Zamani Ibrahim, Senior Producer, Drama Unit, Radio TV Malaysia (RTM), Malaysia
- Mr Saud R. Al-Rumh, Director, Kuwait TV, Kuwait