The workshop will acquaint participants with various aspects of pre-production, namely writing a proposal for a pitch. The workshop will involve participants on how to come out with ideas, preparing various concepts for different genres of TV programmes, writing a storyline, running order for the programme, timeline for the production, and costing. The workshop will engage participants in simulation for pitching presentation.
• Roles and responsibility of a producer
• Various aspects of pre-production
• Writing a storyline
• Running order
• Programme budget
• Preparing a proposal
• Practical Session - presenting a proposal for a pitch
At the end of the workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the various aspects of pre-production;
- Come out with ideas
- Learn how to write a storyline;
- Learn how to write proposals for TV programmes;
- Do the running order for the programme;
- Work on the costing for the programme; and
- Present the proposal during a pitching session.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANT
- Assistant producers
- Script editors
- At least one (1) year of experience in television programme production is an essential criteria; and
- Ability to express and write in English fluently.